US Mint Silver Eagle sales jump 88% to a record 3.2 million on first day of 2012
The US Mint has started 2012 with a bang, selling close to a jaw-dropping 3.2 million Silver Eagles on the very first working day of 2012.
Considering that total 2011 sales had stood at around 39.8 million, the January 3rd sale is almost 8% of entire 2011 sale and higher than any single monthly sale in all of 2011!
As of the Mints’s data, exact sales figure for Jan 3 stood 3,197,000 coins (approx 3.2 million). This is a more than 88% jump compared to 2011 first day sales of 1,696,000 coins
This trend continues the steady increase in demand for theSilver coins. Since 2008, sales of the silver eagle has risen for 4 consecutive years and with 2012 starting off with a firecracker sale, one can expect a new yearly record this year.
During the last week of December, 2011, no coins were reportedly sold as people were engrossed in Christmas festivities and new year celebrations. Most of them had postponed their purchases. As such, the explosive sales figure could just be all the pending sales turning into actual orders. – CommodityOnline
- Silver prices gain in major metros in India - April 26th, 2013
- Why Silver Price will Soar To $250 An Ounce - April 26th, 2013
- MCX Silver bullish resistance 44200 - April 25th, 2013
- US Silver Price Falls, Fifth Week In A Row - April 25th, 2013
- Collateral damage: the silver price - April 23rd, 2013
- Gold and silver price dive: physical sales surge, prices begin to rise again - April 23rd, 2013
- How Gold Silver prices were hammered and its fundamentals remain intact - April 17th, 2013
- MCX Silver likely to remain bearish with volatility support 42000 - April 17th, 2013