Spot silver up 0.2 percent on the day at $31.72 an ounce
Silver prices were also slightly higher, tracking gold’s modest gains. Spot silver was up 0.2 percent on the day at $31.72 an ounce, but remained on track for a 7 percent decline in November.
A senior official at ScotiaMocatta, a bullion dealer, said on Thursday Indian imports of silver would be marginally lower this year compared to last year.
India is a leading consumer of silver and the world’s largest consumer of gold.
- Silver prices gain in major metros in India - April 26th, 2013
- Why Silver Price will Soar To $250 An Ounce - April 26th, 2013
- MCX Silver bullish resistance 44200 - April 25th, 2013
- US Silver Price Falls, Fifth Week In A Row - April 25th, 2013
- Collateral damage: the silver price - April 23rd, 2013
- Gold and silver price dive: physical sales surge, prices begin to rise again - April 23rd, 2013
- How Gold Silver prices were hammered and its fundamentals remain intact - April 17th, 2013
- MCX Silver likely to remain bearish with volatility support 42000 - April 17th, 2013