Silver moved up by 0.36% to Rs 56,215 per kg
Tracking a firming trend in global markets, silver moved up by 0.36% to Rs 56,215 per kg in futures trading today.
On the MCX, silver for delivery in May rose by Rs 199, or 0.36%, to Rs 56,215 per kg, with a business turnover of 1,326 lots.
Market analysts said reports of a firming trend overseas after the International Monetary Fund raised its global economic growth forecast, boosted the demand outlook for commodities today.
Silver, which tracks the trend in base metals, which were also trading higher today supported by the same reasons.
The July contract on MCX traded higher by Rs 175, or 0.30%, to Rs 57,882 per kg, with a trade volume of 37 lots.
Globally, silver was up 0.2% at $31.74 an ounce in early trading in Singapore. – PTI
- Silver prices gain in major metros in India - April 26th, 2013
- Why Silver Price will Soar To $250 An Ounce - April 26th, 2013
- MCX Silver bullish resistance 44200 - April 25th, 2013
- US Silver Price Falls, Fifth Week In A Row - April 25th, 2013
- Collateral damage: the silver price - April 23rd, 2013
- Gold and silver price dive: physical sales surge, prices begin to rise again - April 23rd, 2013
- How Gold Silver prices were hammered and its fundamentals remain intact - April 17th, 2013
- MCX Silver likely to remain bearish with volatility support 42000 - April 17th, 2013