Silver futures prices fell by 1.15 per cent to Rs 55,205 per kg today
Silver futures prices fell by 1.15 per cent to Rs 55,205 per kg today, after traders reduced their positions amid a weak trend in global markets.
On the Multi Commodity market, silver for December contract fell sharply by Rs 641, or 1.15 per cent, to Rs 55,205 per kg, with a business turnover of 2,506 lots.
The white metal for March contract lost Rs 632, or 1.10 per cent, to Rs 56,906 per kg, with a business volume of 259 lots.
Market analysts attributed the steep fall in silver futures prices to a subdued trend in overseas markets, as the dollar’s strength against the euro on worries in the euro-zone on debt crisis, tempered demand for precious metals as alternative investments.
Meanwhile, silver in the Asian region fell by 0.09 per cent to USD 31.73 an ounce in the morning trade today. – PTI
- Silver prices gain in major metros in India - April 26th, 2013
- Why Silver Price will Soar To $250 An Ounce - April 26th, 2013
- MCX Silver bullish resistance 44200 - April 25th, 2013
- US Silver Price Falls, Fifth Week In A Row - April 25th, 2013
- Collateral damage: the silver price - April 23rd, 2013
- Gold and silver price dive: physical sales surge, prices begin to rise again - April 23rd, 2013
- How Gold Silver prices were hammered and its fundamentals remain intact - April 17th, 2013
- MCX Silver likely to remain bearish with volatility support 42000 - April 17th, 2013