A silver price surge coming? Sprott to buy $1.5 billion of silver bullion!
Sprott To Buy $1.5 Billion Of Silver Bullion! (PSLV, SLV, AGQ, ZSL, GLD)
The silver price could explode higher in coming months. As the silver and gold price predictably fade ahead of option expiration, JP Morgan’s bullion manipulation scheme could be headed for unprecedented problems, not from the record purchases of gold and silver from the Chinese, Indians or Russians, but from one Canadian billionaire.
Canadian-based Eric Sprott Management CEO Eric Sprott filed a follow up prospectus for the purchase of an additional $1.5 billion of silver bullion to cover expected demand for the company’s exchange traded fund (ETF), PSLV.
Combined with the recent decline in the PSLV premium to spot silver to 14 percent from the typical 20 percent, along with Sprott’s reported sale of some of its holdings of PSLV at the rich premium, it appears a familiar hallmark of a gigantic $580 million silver bullion purchase in December of last year emerges once again. Since demand for silver products at Sprott remain brisk, it should come as no surprise to the silver world that Sprott needs more silver.
Yet, only two Web sites mention the breaking news, The Globe and Mail and bullion market reporter Harvey Organ, HarveyOrgan.blogspot.com. Don’t expect Eric Sprott to herald the milestone purchase; he’s trying to avoid investors front running the purchase.
“Since Sprott filed its prospectus last Friday, PSLV units have come down 12 percent, while the price of silver has dropped only 6 percent,” stated Canada’s daily newspaper, The Globe and Mail, on Nov. 18. “Whether or not the new filing is the root cause of the difference doesn’t affect Mr. Sprott much. He has been selling his PSLV units for most of the year (as documented by kid dynamite.)”
Because Sprott today represents 1/2 the size of the Hunt brothers wallet and their attempt to corner the silver market in 1979-80, nimble investors have taken advantage of the bulky Sprott in the past by front running his purchases, as his size and legal entity requires him to file with Canadian regulators – an issue he laments of during his interviews.
- Silver To Average Lower Price In 2013 Than In 2012 But Demand For Silver Coins Is Soaring Globally: Silver Institute - April 25th, 2013
- Silver Could Reclaim $30/Oz In 2013 - Thomson Reuters GFMS - April 25th, 2013
- China Silver imports decline in March 25% y/y to 195.98 tons: Barclays - April 24th, 2013
- India, China governments cling to Silver stocks with no sales in 2012 - April 24th, 2013
- Silver demand seen rising in 2013 on industries, investment-GFMS - April 24th, 2013
- Silver coin investment demand in China surges industrial demand in India too - April 24th, 2013
- Silver prices may average $26 oz in 2013 and $24 oz 2014: Barclays - April 23rd, 2013
- Deutsche Bank cut 2013 silver price outlook by 16.5 percent to $31 an ounce - April 18th, 2013